1. 'Chimney Sweep' Cat Rescued From Chimney After Being Stuck for Two Days In a bizarre incident, a cat in England was rescued from a chimney after being stuck for two days. The cat, named Sooty, was rescued by firefighters from the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service after the homeowner heard meowing coming from the chimney. The homeowner had been alerted to the situation after hearing the meowing for two days. After a few hours of work, the firefighters managed to get Sooty out of the chimney safely. The cat was unharmed but was taken to a vet as a precaution.
A stark new message from PETA has popped up on local bus shelters and in newspapers, calling out Canadian officials for enabling the deadly Cambodian A stark new message from PETA has popped up on local bus shelters and in newspapers, calling out Canadian officials for enabling the deadly Cambodian monkey-importation industry—even after the U.S. halted such imports and indicted Cambodian government officials for passing off wild-caught monkeys as “captive-bred.”
The awards have just been announced for the 2023 Nature's Best Photography competition, and happy to report the only photograph I entered this year (I don't actually remember entering) has been Highly Honoured in the Polar Passion category. The photograph is one of my personal favourites from Gould Bay, deep in Antarctica - home to…
As the weather begins to cool down, it is time to begin preparing your home for winter. Fall is a great time to take necessary steps to prevent pests and critters from finding their way into your house, as they seek a warmer place to live for the winter. Minnesota Wild Animal Management, Inc. can complete a wild animal inspection of your home this fall and find any vulnerable areas that animals might penetrate to seek refuge in your house this winter.
Researchers raised concerns about the microplastic in the Great Lakes. Plastic pollution can harm animals and human health, urging immediate efforts to address the plastic problem in the lake. Read here.